Dining at the “Fashion Court”

by Maddy on January 24, 2011

in Blog Love,Dining,Mad♥Mondays

I love that I live in an area that’s overflowing with bloggers friends to meet and some that pass through from time to time.  But this was one of those meetups that was a long time in the making. MLK Day was the day that I finally had the chance to meet with Fashion Court – a fashion blogger and twitteraholic!  She is another fabulous Jersey Girl and one of my very first commenters/bloggy friends when I started The Maddy Chronicles!  Even though she took a hiatus from blogging for a while, we still kept in touch via Twitter and I’ve always regarded her as my online little sister…I really ♥ her! Per her suggestion, we met up for lunch at Nordstrom Cafe and I quickly became obsessed with their food! Have you ever been to a restaurant and loved it so much that you weren’t finished eating before planning your next visit?  Well, that’s exactly what happened!   It was so good that I decided to go back on Friday for another taste of their delicious soup and salad. So besides having a new friend to add to the long list of fabulous bloggers I’ve met, now I can add a new favorite lunch spot too!

*Thanks to Pugly Pixel for the textures and clipart!

Angelia Sims Hardy January 24, 2011 at 12:34 am

That is tremendous! Love the photo of you both and the yummy food. Ya’ll are adorable! I haven’t met a blog friend in a while. I need to change that. I bet there are tons in my area. :-) Nice arrangements of the clip art and templates, too. :-)
Angelia Sims Hardy recently posted..My Photo Lesson- The Art of Jumping

katrina January 24, 2011 at 1:33 am

hey, you’re the first one to use the stationery textures — yay!! oh maddy, i love nordstrom, too. people laugh at me when i speak so well of “mall food”, but nordstrom is not like other mall food — it rivals other really good restaurants in my book.
katrina recently posted..The Graphics Fairy- Free Valentine Ephemera

leia January 24, 2011 at 5:48 am

Aww how lovely that you got to meet a blogger friend! That food looks scrumptious, too.
leia recently posted..Sunday Musings- Reading- Cooking- &amp Originality

Amy January 24, 2011 at 8:01 am

We no longer have good “mall food” … but I know what you’re talking about. We use to have the Bon Marche downtown … and they had a cafe in the basement. What it lacked in ambiance it more than made up for in taste … it was so good! You know, back in the day, most of the big department stores had restaurants–I imagine that’s what it was like. Such a pity that we’ve lost that … sigh.

Life with Kaishon January 24, 2011 at 8:07 am

What a fun friend to have. You meet so many blogging friends : ) WOWZA! I love that. I also love the restaurant. You know it is good if you can’t wait to get back. It certainly looks delicious!
Life with Kaishon recently posted..We say ‘I love you’ a lot

Lee Oliveira January 24, 2011 at 8:19 am

I love meeting other bloggers.. She seems to be a great girl..
Of to check her blog now.
Lee x
Lee Oliveira recently posted..On the streets of San Francisco… Haight St

elle sees January 24, 2011 at 8:33 am

How have I never heard of the cafe in there? I gotta check it out. One day I’m gonna do a blogger meetup in Atl!
elle sees recently posted..Sponsor Spotlight- Antsy Ants

Keeley January 24, 2011 at 9:00 am

Isn’t Nordstrom Cafe great? I’m anxiously anticipating the grand opening of the Nordstrom in my local mall (the first Nordstrom in Delaware!) and I pray that it’s a “real” Nordstrom, complete with a Cafe. I like having a place to chill out and eat lunch right in the middle of a high fashion store.
Keeley recently posted..Sesame Noodles with Chicken

Cafe Fashionista January 24, 2011 at 10:01 am

Ohmigosh you met Tiffany?! She is one of my favorite bloggers, Maddy – the two of you are too cute together! And Nordstrom Cafe…one of my favorite places on the planet! The food is so good!! :)
Cafe Fashionista recently posted..Sunday Steals- Robert Rodriguez Tiered Lace Skirt for Less

Ashley Sisk January 24, 2011 at 10:02 am

That’s so neat – I’ve never eaten at their cafe – I didn’t know they had one. We don’t have a Nordstrom nearby either….but when I find a good place to eat…I will eat there over and over again.

Latoya January 24, 2011 at 10:13 am

When Nordstrom opens in Delaware, I am going to be in big trouble during their major sales. Especially since I am purging my closet and will need to revamp after baby.

I love blogger meetups. Can’t wait till the next one!

P.S. This is my favorite layout thus far :-)
Latoya recently posted..Dressing for Maternity- Closet Inventory

fashion court January 24, 2011 at 10:33 am

OMG i came to your page and saw this and i was like AAAHHH YAYYY!

then i was like omg i look like a dork. lmao.

i love it though :p i had such an awesome time! we so have to meet up again – i’m glad i got you hooked on nordstrom cafe! i’m craving their pasta now. thanks again for lunch! xoxo

pop champagne January 24, 2011 at 10:35 am

nice pics and you two look great! I always love soup and salad lunch deals, I’m such a soup junkie :D
pop champagne recently posted..Lookbook- Catching Crabs

Jeh Galvão January 24, 2011 at 10:42 am

Your blog is so cute , I loved!

Dita January 24, 2011 at 11:13 am

You two look like a couple of college kids!! Gorgeous, both of you!
Hmmmmm,Nordstrom Cafe…….I may have to give a try……..however, then I may not get into the Nordstrom Undergarments I intend to get fitted for since you put that in my head!

xoxoxo
Dita
Dita recently posted..Black and White Wednesday- Sweet Sisters Growing Up

very married January 24, 2011 at 11:18 am

oh yum! definitely sounds like a good time (and good food!)
very married recently posted..Striking

Couture Carrie January 24, 2011 at 12:08 pm

How wonderful, darling!
I love it when bloggers meet up IRL!

The Guilty Hyena January 24, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Aww great photo of the both of you, blogger get together’s sound a whole load of fun. Food looks yum!
The Guilty Hyena recently posted..Nomadize to TheGuiltyHyenacom

Zee January 24, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Food, friends… what could be better? That’s so awesome that you get to meet up with so many fellow bloggers! I’ve had that experience with Cheddars restaurant. Their entire menu is divine. I like to eat there all the time.
Zee recently posted..The 15 Before 30 List

Christina Lee January 24, 2011 at 1:28 pm

YUM– I would have gone back too ;-)
Christina Lee recently posted..Follow This Advice-It Might Save Your Soul

Sabine January 24, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Such a lovely picture of you 2! Isn’t it always so much fun to meet other bloggers? Communications just seems to flow… The Nordstrom Café food looks delicious!
Sabine recently posted..Dye-Oh-Why

Kristin January 24, 2011 at 4:56 pm

What fun! And I love Nordstrom Cafe. They have amazing salads!
Kristin recently posted..Flower Power

Buckeroomama January 24, 2011 at 7:46 pm

You are so lucky to be able to meet up with different bloggy pals. :)
Buckeroomama recently posted..Blame It on Magic

Camila F. January 24, 2011 at 8:46 pm

I would love to visit Nordstrom Cafe! That salad looks amazing!
Camila F. recently posted..sleepy kitty love

Sarah - Dodeline Design January 24, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I’m late making my blog rounds today! I love what you’re doing with the place :-) And yes, it is so much fun to meet blogging friends in person!
Sarah – Dodeline Design recently posted..A little shopping therapy

Rachel January 25, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Aww! You two look so pretty! And it looks like you had a delicious lunch!
Rachel recently posted..Friday Favorites

Anaiz January 25, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Oh that looks good. I love finding new favorites! :):)
Anaiz recently posted..Mistress by Mistake by Maggie Robinson

Nadette January 31, 2011 at 10:12 pm

I heart blogger meet ups, and you know I love Nordstrom. But I’m pretty sure, it’s a good thing that my local Nordstrom doesn’t have a full cafe, I would be there every weekend!
Nadette recently posted..Meatless Monday- Apple- Cheddar- and Arugula Sandwich