Mad ♥….

by Maddy on January 3, 2011

in Mad Hearts,Mad♥Mondays,Myself & I,Reflections

new beginnings!

The new year is here and with it an opportunity to revaluate my life, challenges and triumphs. New Years Day of 2010, I decided that I wanted to stop being BitterGurl.  No seriously, that was my twitter name back in 2009. There were so many areas of my life that I felt completely unhappy with: my weight, my job, social life and personal relationships just to name a few. So I decided that if I ever wanted to stop being that bitter girl, then I had to do something about it – starting with a twitter name change! And a year later, I can’t even recognize that girl from 2009.  Things don’t just magically happen because we make a resolution at the beginning of the year -that’s the easy part! The rest is hard work and discipline.  But once I started making some small positive changes (like stop complaining about my weight and joining Weight Watchers instead), everything else seemed to fall right into place. I’m a still a work in progress, but I feel so much happier knowing that I do have control of the direction my life takes!  Well this year I want to channel that positive energy towards building my photography business. When I started Mad♥Hearts, it was more on a trial basis to see if this was something I wanted to go full speed ahead with. Well, after a few months of taking on client work and loving it, I’ve decided that I definitely want to continue with it for the long haul. So I plan to focus on making it a legitimate business this year (documenting it here, of course!) and seeing where it takes me from there!  So don’t let all the naysarers pooh-pooh your New Year resolutions! Only you can determine if now is the right time to make those changes in your life.

Have a Happy New Year and let’s make 2011 the “sweetest” year yet!!

*Please pray for Diana of Our.City.Lights. She was rushed to the hospital New Years Day due to an infection in her pancreas. As she’s awaits surgery today, please keep her in your prayers and thoughts.*

Life with Kaishon January 3, 2011 at 1:02 am

Get out of the city. I would have never ever thought of you as a bitter girl : ) I am so glad I got to know you at the height of your happy girl stage. You were a bright light in my 2010 Maddy! So thankful for you. Wishing you all the very best in 2011 as you take hold of your dreams and reach for the stars. Love, Becky

Angelia Sims Hardy January 3, 2011 at 1:54 am

Happy New Year Maddy! Love all the positive changes you made and I know 2011 will be even better!

very married January 3, 2011 at 9:17 am

That’s awesome! I’m taking legitimate steps toward starting my own law practice – exciting!

Ashley Sisk January 3, 2011 at 11:19 am

yay for a new year – I agree….any change requires hard work and I know you’re going to make it happen!

Latoya January 3, 2011 at 11:29 am

Maddy, you don’t seem bitter. We all seem to get down on ourselves rather than recognize our accomplishments. You definitely take some great photos. You have an amazing photographic eye. I can’t wait to watch your business grow :-)

I will add Diana to my prayers.

Haute World January 3, 2011 at 11:34 am

Such an inspirational post dear Maddy! I hope 2011 brings you closer to fulfilling your dreams and goals!

Jim January 3, 2011 at 1:45 pm

I’m with you on that,Maddy! Let 2011 be an ‘evolutionary’ process for us all!
Jim

likeitsgolden January 3, 2011 at 2:35 pm

i love this post maddy :). I’ve thought about this year and what I am most grateful for is that I really have become aware of how happy I am with my life and all the people in it. I also thought about our conversation during our “road trip” and I think my blog will be my passion project :)

Couture Carrie January 3, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Sweet, indeed!

Happy New Year, darling!

katrina January 3, 2011 at 3:59 pm

i’m supporting you all the way, maddy — you have MAD photography skillz and i know it’s going to be great and it’s going to be to be so much fun to see you bloom and grow entrepreneurially.

Sniff January 3, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Bittergurl? Being a reader of your blog since sometime in 2010, I would never ever have guessed!

Glad though, that you’ve found a way to improve areas of your life that you felt like doing something about. Sometimes, that is the hard part, turning things around. Good on you, Maddy! And I’m a great believer in following your dreams. Life is too short not to. So I really hope you succeed making more of the photography – because from what I’ve seen there’s no lack of talent!

Happy new year! :)

Sabine January 3, 2011 at 4:41 pm

NEVER in my life would I have associated you with ‘bitter girl’ – I only now you as an amazing, friendly, enthusiastic and positive person. & Your photography is special – Follow your dream, girl!

Sarah - Dodeline Design January 3, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I can’t wait to see where you go with it! And that photo is amazing!

Nadette@Eat, Read, Rant! January 3, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Maddy, I admire your determination and ability to turn your interest in photography into a real business. I’m definitely one who understands about being unhappy about several things in life, and you’re so right, the only way to change them is to dig your heels and work at it. I’ve been attempting to do so, but it’s really time for me to do better. Consider yourself one of my inspriations :)

Liz January 3, 2011 at 5:18 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with your positive outlook! I’m sure it will bring you a lot of success! The talent is already there, (what a stunning photo!) Happy New Year Maddy :)

Mindy January 3, 2011 at 7:43 pm

you can do it! I totally agree with your outlook & know how one little change in your life can lead to bigger, better things :) I wish only the best for you, and know you will do great with your business!

Lee Oliveira January 3, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Forget about how you were in 2009.. you look fabulous in 2011 and keep that way..
you energy is fantastic.. and if you don’t feel happy say it.. we will be here to help you..

Have a fabulous 2011 ahead my dear.
LOx

Dita January 4, 2011 at 2:17 am

I have known many stages of you, Madeline, over the years and BitterGurl was my least favorite…though I knew you would reach the other side eventually…in your own time.

I am so glad the other side for you wound up being your own personal shangra la in that you have found your passion and your desire to follow your dream is taking control.

I am so very proud of you and am excited every step of your journey.

I love you.
Dita

Zee January 4, 2011 at 12:12 pm

You are awesome Maddy. I can totally understand where you are coming from. Here’s a new year’s toast to your new business and 2011!

lou January 4, 2011 at 12:13 pm

changing the twitter name was a good step and i don’t know the “before” but you look gorgeous in your body and you have a smile brighter than the sun and you have talent and i love your writing style. you’re a good soul and you deserve all the best. 2011 will be your awesome year!
L

Amy January 4, 2011 at 3:03 pm

STOP! I can’t believe it for a moment … you? Bitter? If so, that was one fabulous turnaround my friend! :)

Cathy January 5, 2011 at 12:32 am

Love it and your photos! I think one of my biggest goals this year is to be happy. Plain and simple :)

The Guilty Hyena January 5, 2011 at 11:26 am

Sound’s great Maddy, and I hope you keep beaming that smile all year round, I’m sure 2011 will be a mondo year. :)

Anaiz January 5, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Seems like you have a wonderful year ahead of you :) Hope you continue your journey to a happier you and that your business takes off! I’m sure it will dude you have MAD SKILLS.