What’s My Name Again?

by Maddy on January 26, 2011

in Mad Hearts

When I decided on a name for my business, I had only one thing in mind: finding a name that did not reveal my “real world” identity. I was also looking for a name that was easy to remember and “catchy”, so after some brainstorming with the help of family and friends, I came up with the name Mad Hearts Photography.  When I designed the first logo, I didn’t think  further than finding a simple watermark to put on my photos. But when it became official, I hired Dodeline Design as my consultant to help with a new logo and branding strategy.  This time I wanted something very specific, a logo that represented my photography style as a whole: fun, young and approachable.  And after a lot of brainstorming, I was thrilled with the design they presented to me.  The font was youthful and I loved how they incorporated my signature “heart” in the scripted name. They also designed a custom damask shape that incorporated my heart motif!  Even though I try to do it all, sometimes it’s best to outsource certain tasks to people with more experience, so I can spend my time doing what I love best: photography! I was so glad I decided to hire a consultant who listened to my vision and created a logo I will cherish for a very long time!

leia January 26, 2011 at 5:13 am

That is a GORGEOUS logo, Maddy!
leia recently posted..Diamante French

Amy January 26, 2011 at 7:51 am

Very wise to hire a consultant–and I love the way they incorporated your heart as well! Can’t wait to see where your business takes you …

very married January 26, 2011 at 8:05 am

i love love love it! esp the heart between “Mad” and “Hearts”!
very married recently posted..when teens grow up

Lee Oliveira January 26, 2011 at 8:57 am

Gorgeous logo Maddy..
Lee x
Lee Oliveira recently posted..On the streets of Sydney…Brodie St

Life with Kaishon January 26, 2011 at 9:03 am

Good for you Maddy! It looks beautiful! I haven’t got as far as you yet. I am still deciding if I want to do this as a job or just shooting because I love, love, LOVE it : ) Maybe when Kaish is older : ) We will see! So proud of you! Be careful out there in all this snow today! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Life with Kaishon recently posted..We say ‘I love you’ a lot

Mindy January 26, 2011 at 9:25 am

I think it looks great & captures your essence and style. I also really like the colors you chose to represent your business – they are hip and chic, just like you :)

Cafe Fashionista January 26, 2011 at 9:33 am

Ooh, I so adore your logo, Maddy! The color scheme is very subdued and ethereal; and the design is just perfect! Love love!! :)

Couture Carrie January 26, 2011 at 11:29 am

Gorgeous logo, darling!
Love it!

The Guilty Hyena January 26, 2011 at 11:44 am

Congrats on your official logo! Good job done by Dodeline :)
The Guilty Hyena recently posted..GHOST Communion

Sarah - Dodeline Design January 26, 2011 at 11:53 am

I’m so happy you like it and so thrilled to watch your business grow & be a part of it! :-)
Sarah – Dodeline Design recently posted..A little shopping therapy

Camila F. January 26, 2011 at 12:11 pm

That’s beautiful Maddy! The logo is amazing and I love the font, so pretty with a little heart. The name is also adorable and totally you!
Camila F. recently posted..sleepy kitty love

Kristin January 26, 2011 at 1:16 pm

You clearly hired the right person for the job. It’s fabulous!
Kristin recently posted..Flower Power

Meri January 26, 2011 at 2:36 pm

I love the name Mad Hearts, and the logo is great! This is my first time reading your blog, and I think your header is gorgeous as well. I’ve been enjoying scrolling around on here :)
Cheers!
meri
merigoesround.blogspot.com

Nora January 26, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Ha, the title of this post reminds me of Blink 182! I love it.
Your logo is amazing and beautiful; I don’t know you per se but it seems very “you!” Congrats :)
Nora recently posted..Wonder me This

Sabine January 26, 2011 at 2:46 pm

It’s genius, Maddy. I always loved ‘Mad Hearts’ because for the people who know you it’s about you, for the one’s who don’t it’s still a catchy name. And I totally agree… It’s good to know when one wants to get the experts in.
Sabine recently posted..Dye-Oh-Why

Anaiz January 26, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Nice! It looks great, I’m so excited for you :):)
Anaiz recently posted..Waiting On Wednesday 2

Tiera January 26, 2011 at 7:55 pm

It looks great, love it! And congrats on everything with the business so far, so exciting :)
Tiera recently posted..Reverb 10- Appreciate

Michaela January 26, 2011 at 8:26 pm

I absolutely love this new logo!!! It fits you perfectly!
Michaela recently posted..IM IN ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!

Buckeroomama January 26, 2011 at 10:34 pm

VERY, VERY nice, Maddy! I love the color and I love the font… so pretty! :)

Maddy, if you ever make your way to Hong Kong, you could have all the bubble tea you want –on me! ..and I’ll even bring Mato Rex and Super Fire Girl along. In costume. (They’d LOVE that!). Thanks for the super sweet words on Becky’s. =)
Buckeroomama recently posted..Blame It on Magic

Zee January 27, 2011 at 11:37 am

It is absolutely stunning Maddy! They did great work for you!!!

Nadette January 31, 2011 at 10:03 pm

I really like the design! Look at you being all grown up and business like, you give me something to aspire to. And I definitely believe in appropriate outsourcing from time to time. In fact, I can’t wait for me to have some sort of life changing event that requires professional photography, cuz guess who I’m hiring? So proud of you hun!
Nadette recently posted..Meatless Monday- Apple- Cheddar- and Arugula Sandwich

Crissy February 2, 2011 at 9:17 pm

I big giant pink puffy heart it!!! :)