Project Me: Q&A Journal

by Maddy on February 23, 2011

in Cool Stuff,Project Me

One of the things I wanted to get serious about this year was journaling. Journaling is not only great for self-discovery, it’s a wonderful stress-management tool as well. If you think about it, a blog is a journal of sorts, but since it’s public information, there’s a lot of thoughts that I would rather keep to myself than publish for the rest of the world to see.  So I went to Anthropologie with the intentions of picking up the pretty leather journal I’ve been eyeing.  But once I entered the store and started browsing, I fell in love with just about everything I spotted including the above Q&A A-Day journal. In an ideal world, I would write everyday about a lot of thought-provoking stuff.  But the truth is I can barely manage writing my daily blog posts, so I’m not sure a traditional journal would work well for me.  However, this one gives the perfect amount of “food for thought” each day without becoming overwhelming. So far, I love answering the daily questions, which range from silly to serious from day to day. The great part is that there’s enough space on every page to answer each question for five years, so you can easily revisit your previous responses down the road! So tell me…

Do you keep a written journal?

Please join our “Project Me” linky party and share how you’ve taken care of “me” in the month of February!

Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets — Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!

This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.

For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

Buckeroomama February 23, 2011 at 12:29 am

I used to, but don’t anymore. I still have a notebook that I keep handy and I just write in it whenever the urge strikes, but it’s by no means a daily occurrence or even a monthly one! That Q&A a Day Journal looks good, but then most things from Anthropolgie do!
Buckeroomama recently posted..Pizza Party

lemonzest February 23, 2011 at 12:55 am

yeah you’re right, journaling is fascinating..
and blog is the right media for it..

loves
lemonzest recently posted..Sequined Night

leia February 23, 2011 at 6:24 am

I used to keep a written journal, all through my teenage life, but like you I just wouldn’t have the time now!

likeitsgolden February 23, 2011 at 6:51 am

I dont keep one now but i have since a few going back to like the 6th grade and it is funny to read about yourself back then. it like getting to know the old you because we change things or remember them differently as time goes by. I gotta check out that Q&A journal.

And we’re def getting together, I need you to help me figure out what to wear for a night out dancin cause i have no idea

Life with Kaishon February 23, 2011 at 6:53 am

No paper journals for me! The one you have looks very cool Maddy! For many years i kept a gratitude journal and wrote down five things I was thankful for each day. It was a blessing in college and in my early 20′s to see all the blessings God had given me : ) I think I will start doing that again with Kaishon,
Life with Kaishon recently posted..a cell phone camera picture contest! say what

Amy February 23, 2011 at 7:47 am

Oh, that Q&A is genius! When I was little I kept a journal … I would write page upon page, about every little thing. Before long my hand would cramp and I had an appalling callus on my finger. So I gave it all up.

Sarah - Dodeline Design February 23, 2011 at 8:37 am

I have phases of journal-ling much like I have phases of being a good exerciser and water drinker lol. That book is adorable and looks like it probably is a great motivator to write a few lines everyday!
Sarah – Dodeline Design recently posted..Top 5 Reasons to Blog

Zee February 23, 2011 at 9:22 am

I go through times where I journal more often than others. Right now, I am in a non-journaling phase. I believe that is mostly because I come up blank some days or get tired ot talking about the same thing. But I absolutely love this journal so much that I’m going to go buy it. Being asked a daily question will keep me interested without taking too much time from my day. I think this is perfect! Thanks Maddy!
Zee recently posted..Love At First Sight Winners!

Cafe Fashionista February 23, 2011 at 9:32 am

Up until the age of…19, I believe, I kept a written journal (I still have all of them, in fact). Then, one day, I just stopped journaling. I would absolutely love to pick up this pretty from Anthropologie – it is stunning! :)

Haute World February 23, 2011 at 11:07 am

I used to when I was a teen, but I haven’t done it since. I prefer to just scrapbook memories, i.e. travels, concerts or other events since not everything that happens on a day-to-day basis is relevant or provokes any deep thoughts on my part. Oh, but if you have an iPod touch now, there are also tons of journal apps ;-) Nothing beats a real leather-bound journal though!
Haute World recently posted..Lanvins Libertine Feast Paris- France

Couture Carrie February 23, 2011 at 11:15 am

I don’t keep a written journal anymore… and I kind miss it!

Camille February 23, 2011 at 11:25 am

i never have the discipline to carry out a journal…
awesome blog!

Camila F. February 23, 2011 at 11:48 am

I don’t, but I think a 5-year journal is a fabulous idea! I’m also loving the “Lifestyle Notebook” series, also found at Antro!
Camila F. recently posted..Casinhas de papelão

Kristin February 23, 2011 at 12:11 pm

I haven’t journaled since I was a teenager…boy would I like to find those books! HAHA
Kristin recently posted..Champagne Saturday- On The Road Again

Piper February 23, 2011 at 12:15 pm

oh my poor neglected journals! i’m hit or miss with journaling…sometimes i’ll write everyday and then all of a sudden 6 months will go by before i write again. i’ve been finding lately though that it’s a nice way to unplug from electronics and get back to basics!

JWS3 February 23, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Yes I keep a journal, its called twitter

Nadette February 23, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I haven’t kept a journal since high school, it hasn’t really appealed to me in anyway. However, I do like the idea of the Q&A journal, a lot, and I’m considering getting one now, after my 30 day spending siesta is up of course (8 days to go!)
Nadette recently posted..Meatless Monday- The City Girl Sandwich

Nora February 23, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I don’t have a Q&A journal but I do keep a journal (it’s been great to grow it and through it thanks to my creative writing/journaling class).

Also, thanks for the reminder about Project Me! I love it and definitely plan to participate each month. You rock, did you know that!?
Nora recently posted..Ten on Tuesday- My Questions!

kellie February 23, 2011 at 8:32 pm

I’m so with you there Maddy. I love the idea of a journal but wouldn’t make it past the few days. The Q&A sounds like a perfect idea. Marta Writes {http://www.martawrites.com/} has great dear diaries like this too.

Tiera February 26, 2011 at 4:30 pm

I must’ve started a zillion journals over the years, but each time I let them fall by the wayside. I think the longest I ever went was a few months, and that was a church journal (totally personal though), so I’d write about scriptures I read, prayers, what I learned and thought at/after Sunday school and Sacrament… So it was easier for me to keep up with because I felt like it had a specific purpose. Which is why I totally think this Q&A one will do!
Tiera recently posted..Mixplate Monday 22111