Warmer Days are Here Again

by Maddy on February 11, 2011

in Photography,Spring,Winter

Because I’ve been preoccupied with getting things in order with the business (more updates on that next week), I found that I was getting into a serious “photo phunk”. Not only did I not have time to take pictures, I couldn’t find inspiration either.  But this week, blog world was just bursting with Valentine’s Day inspired photos giving me the kick in the pants I needed to start shooting outdoors again.  Believe it or not, it seemed that most of the red objects I encountered on my walk were leftover Christmas decorations, except for these berry branches. Not Valentine-inspired exactly, but they were just the hint of red I needed to get my Valentine’s fix.  Not sure what my plans will be this weekend, I haven’t felt the impulse to make any extravagent plans or fancy dinner reservations this year – I just want to lay low and see how the weekend progresses. But I am hoping to take another walk with my camera to see if I can spot more signs of the warmer days that lie ahead. So tell me….

Any plans for Valentine’s Day weekend?

Angelia Sims Hardy February 11, 2011 at 12:44 am

Of course, you know I’m shooting my first wedding! Ahhh!! And I found out, it’s windowless and will be candlelight. Oh gee! Not to mention I haven’t gotten the set of “rules” the Church has. Welcome to the biz, eh?

Love your inspiration and I hope you get treated wonderfully this weekend. :-)

Chocolate covered strawberries sound like a nice red to look for. Ha.
Angelia Sims Hardy recently posted..A Wedding Post – The Sand Ceremony

Buckeroomama February 11, 2011 at 6:01 am

Nope, no specific plans for Valentine’s. We never do. We will go out for our usual Saturday night date, though. :) Maybe C could accompany me on another photo walk after dinner… =) Have a lovely weekend –however you choose to spend it!
Buckeroomama recently posted..Playing Catch-Up The Joy of Love Days 1–6

Amy February 11, 2011 at 7:42 am

My weekend will be full of birthday parties … Monday, I simply plan to eat my weight in chocolate. :)

Life with Kaishon February 11, 2011 at 8:05 am

We had our Valentines Celebration last night because Gary was FINALLY able to come home by 8:00 pm : ) So we ate late and it was perfect. I love Gary and Kaish so much.
This weekend I have a 2 year old shoot! SO fun! And also a big surprise Birthday Party for my Mommy on Sunday! Shhhhhhh. don’t tell her! I don’t think she comes to your blog even though it is on my sidebar! It will be great!
Life with Kaishon recently posted..‘What is a home without children Quiet’ Henny Youngman

Cafe Fashionista February 11, 2011 at 9:20 am

Awww…I so love this picture and proverb – too pretty (and true!).

Seeing as how I am basically bedridden with the flu at the moment, my Valentine’s Day weekend is sure to be full of loads of rest and coffee!! :P

Happy, Happy Almost Valentine’s Day, Maddy!! :)

very married February 11, 2011 at 9:41 am

no plans yet. my husband says that he has an idea of where to go for dinner. i’m just not feeling up for planning something big.
very married recently posted..Winter Fair Success!

Ashley Sisk February 11, 2011 at 9:42 am

And this shot is beautiful. I’m ready for warmer weather so I can get outside. We don’t have major plans this weekend…just a nice dinner!

Keeley February 11, 2011 at 11:00 am

I can’t wait for warmer weather! We’re expecting 45-60 degrees for the next 6 days (starting tomorrow). I can’t wait… maybe it will get me out of my sleepy, lazy mood.

Our wedding anniversary is March 6th, so we usually go easy on Valentine’s Day. I don’t like crowds and overpriced meals (even on a special occasion), so I’ll probably make a nice dinner at home and we’ll drink a good bottle of wine. Oh, and of course I’ll make an indulgent dessert.

Thanks for reminding me of the holiday – can you believe I almost forgot?
Keeley recently posted..Cherry Cobbler

JWS3 February 11, 2011 at 11:07 am
Wanda (At Last...) February 11, 2011 at 11:46 am

We’re laying low too. Playing it by ear.

Maddy, this is such a lovely shot. Good going getting your mojo back. Have a fun week-end!!!
xoxo
Wanda (At Last…) recently posted..Black and White Wednesday – Ta Da !!

leia February 11, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I haven’t been feeling very inspired lately at all either! This weekend I plan to try a lot of new recipes :) and Valentine’s Day? No plans! Sigh.
leia recently posted..Jewelry Box

sarah February 11, 2011 at 12:34 pm

we are trying Husk, the new trendy restaurant in town :-) but on V-Day we’re going to stay in and be lazy. Just my style!
sarah recently posted..My First Fill in the Blank Friday

Christina Lee February 11, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Yeah, low key, the way I like it! We are going out for ice cream as a family to show little man some love all around ;-) Have a nice weekend, M! xo
Christina Lee recently posted..In Honor of Le Kiss Le Sigh!

Sabine February 11, 2011 at 2:05 pm

This is a beautiful berry picture, Maddy, and I sure needed this reminder. It’s constantly grey and rainy here, so really not very inspiring to take pictures. But I’ll try this weekend, too!
Sabine recently posted..Her Dark Materials

Sniff February 11, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Maddy, I love that photo of yours! So simple, but yet so beautiful. If that were a print, I’d put it up on my wall.

Spring seems a long way away here, though. We’ve had two more Snowmageddon days here just this week, and the forecast for the next 10 days is for very cold weather (~ – 10 C/14 F). Brrr…this really is the winter from H****! If I weren’t off to Paris for a long weekend the first week of March, I’d be going crazy. But as I try to overcome my winter depression, I keep holding on to the thought that at least Paris is much warmer than Oslo. No plans for this weekend, though. Valentine’s Day isn’t a Norwegian custom. The shops are desperately trying to sell in in like it were, though. Just as they’re trying to get us to adopt Halloween. Anything to sell more stuff, I guess.

Anyway, have a great weekend!
Sniff recently posted..Renew Ikea furniture with Bemz

Rachel February 11, 2011 at 3:12 pm

I love that photo, Maddy! It’s so pretty!
No Valentine’s plans for me, but I will be having a birthday party for my little sister tomorrow. She’s gonna be three next week and she’s having a Hello Kitty Party! :)
Rachel recently posted..Friday Favorites

Nadette February 11, 2011 at 3:52 pm

I’m sure you’ll get out in the warm weather with your camera this weekend! I’m can harldly wait for spring to come, b/c winter has soo worn out its welcome. Unfortunately I have to work all day saturday, and will miss out on most of the gorgeous weather during the day. But my sisters and I are taking our mom out for her bday in philly saturday night, so that’s how I’m spending my valentines day weekend. Merry Friday!
Nadette recently posted..Soap Box Wednesday- The Meatless Monday Movement

Mindy February 11, 2011 at 4:47 pm

I’m glad you got your mojo back! no more wasting time in a phunk, punk!! lovely shot…have a fantastic weekend :)

Audrey Allure February 11, 2011 at 5:46 pm

The branch is beautiful; and I so can not wait until spring weather! I’m probably just going to continue attending shows & sleeping whenever I can this weekend! Not sure what my boyfriend planned for Valentine’s Day though lol
Audrey Allure recently posted..Tadashi Shoji – Wayne – Jonathan Simkhai

Salma February 11, 2011 at 8:22 pm

I’m making a toblerone cake…TRANSLATION: fatten up my family.
Really i want to send my hubs love letters…gotta find a way to get them delivered to him, ha ha ha.
Have fun.
Pretty pic.
Salma recently posted..Dear Egypt

Liz February 11, 2011 at 8:38 pm

I don’t get to be with my valentine on Monday :( But we’re hanging out this weekend, we keep it low-key every year, but we do make each other hand-made cards :) Lovely picture btw!
Liz recently posted..be my stylist!

Anaiz February 11, 2011 at 8:39 pm

No plans for me other than watching the Grammys :):) Oh and eating chocolate!
Anaiz recently posted..Guest Post- Jennifer DeLucy with Special Guests

pop champagne February 11, 2011 at 9:15 pm

I have absolutely no plans for valentine’s day! haha just whatever happens happen I guess like you!
pop champagne recently posted..Miley Cyrus Poses On Marie Claire

Elle Sees February 11, 2011 at 10:51 pm

no plans. flergh. does cleaning the apt and grocery shopping count as plans? i didn’t think so either.
Elle Sees recently posted..The It List- February 11

Lee Oliveira February 12, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Happy Valentines day sweetie. Freezing my butt off in New York. Us Aussies aren’t use to the cold ;)

PS I commented earlier but I don’t think it worked. Oh well…you’ll see.

Lee
x
Lee Oliveira recently posted..On the streets of Sydney… Pitt St Mall

savvy gal February 13, 2011 at 2:09 am

Just want to wish you a happy v-day.
savvy gal recently posted..Bathroom Lighting &amp Giveaway

Paige February 13, 2011 at 10:19 pm

No plans for me. My sweetie is thousands of miles away in a distant land. We’ll be back together on the 26th. :) Lots of plans then.
Paige recently posted..girls and lipstick

The Guilty Hyena February 14, 2011 at 10:05 am

Nothing Valentines related on the weekend or today, my valentine is currently abroad, though don’t usually make a fuss on V Day.