Mad Hearts Packaging

by Maddy on March 24, 2011

in Mad Hearts

I haven’t posted a business update in a while, so I figured today would be the perfect time to show you what I’ve been working on during the winter break.  One of the things I was really concerned about when making the switch from CD’s to prints was packaging – how would I present the finished product to my clients? But with the help of Dodeline Design, we came up with a concept that is not only budget friendly, but pretty too! Sarah designed and created gorgeous tag note cards with matching sleeves, as well at the round stickers to go on the boxes. She also found the “pool” colored tissue paper (not shown) to go inside the print boxes, as well as the  washi pin stripe tape and twine on Etsy. I found the various silver and blue ribbons on sale at my local craft store. The blue wrapping paper (found at Target) is still up for debate. I looked everywhere for grey and white pin stripe wrapping paper with no success, so I settled on this one for the time being. Not sure how it fits with the rest of my theme, but it will have to do for now.  Overall, I’m extremely pleased with how it turned out! I love that it’s simple, but that it still convey the nature of my photography style – lighthearted and fun.  I hope that when clients receives their prints, they’ll realize how much love was poured into every single one of their photos and how I truly value their business.

*And if anyone knows where I can find striped wrapping paper online, please let me know!

Dana March 24, 2011 at 1:27 am

Nice Maddy. I would LOVE to receive my photos packaged with so much thought and care. . . .and it looks fabulous together.
D
Dana recently posted..walking with the sisters

Donna March 24, 2011 at 1:46 am

love this color combo! simple and hip. I want to know where to get striped wrapping paper too!
Donna recently posted..a Disneyland weekend

Serline March 24, 2011 at 2:58 am

Very elegant, I love them!
Serline recently posted..Juicy Joy

dana March 24, 2011 at 8:17 am

That looks so great. clean, simple, happy! I would love to recive prints from you :) In both ways. the photos and the packaging! too bad your to far away to be “hired” .
dana recently posted..sickness- books and good times

Ellie March 24, 2011 at 8:34 am

This is fantastic! It makes the product so much better when its handled with care!
Love your blog, doll it’s fantastic!
Have a great day!
-Ellie
Ellie recently posted..painted faces fill the places I cant reach

Life with Kaishon March 24, 2011 at 9:13 am

Maddylicious! This is gorgeous. There is no way anyone could get prints from you and NOT feel spectacular! Beautiful in every way. You are all sorts of wonderful!
Life with Kaishon recently posted..beauty everywhere! from the city to the country

Vanessa March 24, 2011 at 9:22 am

Love the color scheme Titi Maddie. You are so artistic :) Keep up the great work!!!!!

Cafe Fashionista March 24, 2011 at 9:42 am

Ohmigosh Maddy I am in LOVE! There’s a hit of Tiffany’s elegance juxtaposed with a no-fuss charm. This is so incredibly you!! :)

Cafe Fashionista March 24, 2011 at 9:42 am

*hint (not hit). :P

Amy March 24, 2011 at 9:52 am

Love!

Actually, I think the blue is kinda fun … it makes the white and silver pop. All the same, I’ll be sure to let you know if I happen upon any striped paper … or anything else fabulous, for that matter! :)

Buckeroomama March 24, 2011 at 10:20 am

I love the twine you found… so pretty and perfect for your colors! I love your color combo –pretty, elegant, yet fun. =)
Buckeroomama recently posted..Dress-Up Paper Dolls

likeitsgolden March 24, 2011 at 10:32 am

Its really pretty! Im so happy that you’re doing this and I love reading all the little and big things involved in starting your own business. Inspires me to work on my stuff
likeitsgolden recently posted..What I learned from last week

Charlotte March 24, 2011 at 10:35 am

it looks fabulous maddy!!!! Absolutely great!

Michaela March 24, 2011 at 10:43 am

It is perfect Maddy!!!!!!!
Michaela recently posted..115 pounds lost for good

Cindy March 24, 2011 at 10:48 am

Ohh!! I love these!!! There are an elegant design and pretty colors too!! A great business woman knows how much other women love cute packaging! Great Job!!

Dita March 24, 2011 at 10:54 am

Absolutely perfect!!!!! I love all the choices and , as always, everything you do is with love!

xoxoxoxo
Dita
Dita recently posted..Black and White Wednesday- Couples Weekend in NYC

katrina March 24, 2011 at 11:03 am

gorgeous packaging, maddy! the colors your chose are exquisite!

Nora March 24, 2011 at 11:06 am

LOVE this. So much.
I wish you lived closer as I’d totally hire you and buy prints because I’m so in love with this packaging. True story!
Nora recently posted..Wine and Love v3

Sarah - Dodeline Design March 24, 2011 at 11:53 am

I am so excited to see this! Can I borrow the photo for my website? It’s turned out beautifully, we make a great team :-)
Sarah – Dodeline Design recently posted..Confession

leia March 24, 2011 at 11:56 am

WOW Maddy, the packaging is absolutely STUNNING!
leia recently posted..Happy Spring!

Angelia Sims Hardy March 24, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Maddy, those are gorgeous!! I would be impressed to receive my products this way. Your attention and care is very touching.
Angelia Sims Hardy recently posted..Weekly Photo Challenge- Spring

JWS3 March 24, 2011 at 12:24 pm

LOVE IT! Love the teal too. my fave color. good job sweetie.
JWS3 recently posted..TriJWS3- Man i love my brother more than anything in the world Him and i just had a heart to heart My best friend for life

The Guilty Hyena March 24, 2011 at 4:19 pm

It’s little details like this, which I always appreciate and I’m sure too you’re customers!
The Guilty Hyena recently posted..Dazed &amp Confused JAPAN April 2011 Gold Digger by Anthony Maule

Cathy March 25, 2011 at 12:12 am

Love it! And of course I’d love to receive what’s inside those lovely packages!

Justine @ Urban Scarlet March 25, 2011 at 12:15 am

love this! i’m actually meeting with a client tomorrow to help him with his photography branding, so seeing this was definitely a nice reminder of what’s to come ;) love seeing the finished product — your’s is great!

Eileen March 25, 2011 at 1:46 am

Oh, Maddy! It’s absolutely beautiful in every way! I love it so much, I can’t even begin to tell you! :) I’ve been looking for blue pinstripe or kraft pinstripe paper….finally found it at Paper Mart! I took another look and they have a reversible sky blue/grey pinstripe, but it looks blue on blue/grey on grey pinstripe… http://bit.ly/gG7azA I hope that helps. But, I think I know what you’re looking for, I’ll keep an eye out for you. :)
Eileen recently posted..quilt- star- block- and wip

Anaiz March 25, 2011 at 11:51 am

Omgosh I love it. What an exciting time in your life Maddy, I’m so happy for you and your business!
Anaiz recently posted..Follow Friday 10

Mindy March 25, 2011 at 11:54 am

so pretty,Maddy! I love it :) I just got my packaging done…I thought long and hard about it and finally decided on what I wanted, then I went blog hopping last week and came across a totally awesome way to package a flash drive (instead of CD) and now I want to change all my stuff out. bah!

Rachel March 26, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Maddy, I absolutely love this! The packaging is SO pretty. I adore the light blue. If I received photos in packaging like this, it would be clear to me that they were handled with care!
Rachel recently posted..Friday Favorites

Caroline in the City March 26, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Precious! Presentation is everything…

x

Caroline
Caroline in the City recently posted..Lisbeth Jewelry Giveaway!

Tiera March 27, 2011 at 3:25 am

How gorgeous! I love the colors, the textures, everything!
Tiera recently posted..Children and Dinosaurs at Bishop Museum

Elle Sees March 27, 2011 at 9:53 am

those are just gorgeous. i’m glad it turned out well.
Elle Sees recently posted..Sponsor Elle Sees For April

Nadette March 27, 2011 at 1:56 pm

You and I are obviously on the same page, I’m all about packaging! This is just gorgeous, and I’m sure your clients will love it. I really need to get my life together so I can treat myself to a photo session :)
Nadette recently posted..Caramelized Onions

Wanda (At Last...) March 27, 2011 at 10:05 pm

I’m getting here late but I’m glad I didn’t miss it. I LOVE your packaging. So fresh and pretty and you…all the way. (Interestingly, I’ve recently made the decision to go prints too – and I’ve been working out the packaging. Thanks for the inspiration.)

lou March 28, 2011 at 7:20 am

oh i love this packaging you chose. aqua is my all time favorite color. and i have pool colored tissue paper for my goodies as well :-) you’ll see when you’re little pouch arrives :-)
xo, l
lou recently posted..hello it’s me