Project Me Guest Post: Audrey from “Audrey Allure”

by Maddy on March 16, 2011

in Project Me

I want to give a special thanks to all the brave “Project Me” guest bloggers for sharing their “me” stories so far!  I’m still looking for volunteers for future guest posting spots. For more information on Project Me and how you can participate, click here. Now without further ado, I’m happy to introduce you to our latest “Project Me” guest blogger Audrey!  She’s going to share with us how she likes to unwind in her down time.

The month of February disappeared in one blink! With New York Fashion Week and Valentine’s Day in addition to attending classes, networking, socializing, and blogging, I hardly had any time to take a break Now that the chaotic tide has passed, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to contribute to Maddy’s series of Project ME.

Being around people almost every minute of the day can be exciting but tiring. To recharge, I first let myself sleep in on the weekend. When I do wake up, I lounge around in bed for awhile, savoring the comfort and worry-free moments before I actually do get up. (It feels amazing just lying there especially if sunlight is peeking through my window blinds.) I am not a morning person – and after having to rise and shine at 5am everyday, sleeping in is just perfect! After, I take a soothing, long hot shower, make myself some coffee, and flip through a bunch of magazines and newspapers. In the background, of course (y’know, my love affair for music), I am listening to everything from Phoenix to A Fine Frenzy to Katy Perry.

Then, I catch up on TV shows I’ve missed, watch movies I’ve wanted to see or browse through Netflix for interesting flicks, pig out on junk food, and catch up on gossip on Perez Hilton, Jezebel, and Gawker.The rest of the day I just let myself do absolutely nothing (or whatever inspires me at that moment)! This is all just to let my mind wander and let myself relax. There’s nothing better than to daydream in peace!

*All photos found via We Heart It.

Maegan March 16, 2011 at 12:23 am

Any day that starts with sleeping in would be the best day ever in my book! I haven’t slept in Since Oct 2009. Ha! And that first picture, I could loung there all day long, so dreamy! I like Audrey’s me day!

Liz March 16, 2011 at 1:59 am

That sound quite lovely! I am very much looking forward to no longer having homework to do on the weekends!
Liz recently posted..my spring break

Leia March 16, 2011 at 4:12 am

It sounds perfect! I love sleeping in and catching up on TV shows and movies over the weekend. It sure does relax you after a hectic week!

Amy March 16, 2011 at 6:41 am

A little piece of heaven … sigh.

Sarah - Dodeline Design March 16, 2011 at 7:00 am

I so agree on sleeping in. It’s fun to get up when I don’t have anything to do too, but there’s nothing quite like getting up whenever I feel like it!
Sarah – Dodeline Design recently posted..Packaging

The Guilty Hyena March 16, 2011 at 7:38 am

I think we need a three day weekend! :) two for sleeping in, one for fun activities. That’s a lovely photo of the windows surrounding the bed.

Sandy a la Mode March 16, 2011 at 7:51 am

sleeping in on the weekends for me… is a MUST!!!

Couture Carrie March 16, 2011 at 8:21 am

Love Audrey!
Fabulous post!

Latoya March 16, 2011 at 8:24 am

I would like to contribute. I’m home sick today. Maybe I’ll write to something to let the time pass. I’m a little overwhelmed right now so I really need to do a PROJECT ME…
Latoya recently posted..Ode to the Jeggings

Cafe Fashionista March 16, 2011 at 8:45 am

Ooh, I am loving this installment, Maddy, as Audrey is one of my favorite bloggers in the blogosphere! I too love indulging in celebrity gossip during my downtime! :P

Lee Oliveira March 16, 2011 at 9:14 am

I tried and tried to sleep with TV on in bed. I can’t I like completely darkness and quite.
I like to sleep in
Lee x
Lee Oliveira recently posted..New York… W Mercer St

Marlene March 16, 2011 at 10:22 am

What a great post and if I were to wake up in THAT bed nook with those lovely curtains…I too, would stay there and linger as much as possible!

I love special days just like that. Perfect for recharging one’s soul. Great series.
Marlene recently posted..The History In A Home

Buckeroomama March 16, 2011 at 11:44 am

A day like that? Sounds absolutely divine. =)
Buckeroomama recently posted..Scavenger Hunt Sunday Vanishing Point

Jo March 16, 2011 at 1:50 pm

That sounds like an amazing day! I so rarely have a day of nothing but relaxation…mostly because I feel guilty for not checking at least one thing off of my never ending “to do” list. Hmmm…something I need to think about. Recharging is probably just as important in order to ready ourselves for daily life, as well as large and small challenges.
Jo recently posted..Ten Dollar Tuesday!

Camila F. March 16, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Her down time sounds perfect! She mentioned all the things I love to do: drink coffee, read magazines and blogs, watch movies and do absolutely nothing! Brilliant!
Camila F. recently posted..Brights and nudes

alie March 16, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Yay for recharging! Your room is so airy and full of light:).
alie recently posted..it’s pi day and there are multiples of

kat March 16, 2011 at 8:03 pm

oooh i love taxidriver! and daily gossip from perez! haha!
kat recently posted..for the photoshop challenged like me! haha!

Serline March 16, 2011 at 10:17 pm

So that’s how you turn an unmade bed into a dreamy photo ;-P For me, some Kenny G or David Sanborn will send me far away…
Serline recently posted..Sun Flare Photo Challenge I Heart Faces

Audrey Allure March 17, 2011 at 6:24 am

Thanks for letting me be a part of this! <3
Audrey Allure recently posted..Tasty Thursdays- Irish Soda Bread

Nadette March 17, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Her weekends are what I live for on Sundays! I’ve decided I’m definitely going to participate in Project Me, so look out for me in your inbox! :)
Nadette recently posted..Caramelized Onions