Two Peas

by Maddy on March 21, 2011

in Family,Mad♥Mondays

If  I could pick one thing I heart the most are days when my brother and I can spend one-on-one time together. This weekend since my parents were out of town, Josh came to spend the night with us and as usual, we had a blast just the two of us. Despite the fifteen year age difference between us, we are like two peas in a pod. We played Wii all afternoon, munched on homemade salsa and tortilla chips (extra hot – our favorite!) and savored our favorite cupcakes from the local cupcake shop. He introduced me to some of his favorite shows and reads and I introduced him to some of mine. I know he’s no longer my “little” brother, but I hope he never gets too old or too “cool” to spend some time with his sis.

Buckeroomama March 21, 2011 at 3:53 am

Oh, Maddy, this is so sweet! Josh is so lucky to have a cool sis like you. :)
Buckeroomama recently posted..Random Kowloon Street Scenes

leia March 21, 2011 at 4:24 am

This is so sweet! I wish my brothers and I were so close. We love each other and get along really well, but we couldn’t be more different in terms of our hobbies, likes/dislikes, etc. I hope you get more one-on-one time with Josh soon! :)
leia recently posted..White Lace

Amy March 21, 2011 at 6:36 am

What fun! And I’m pretty sure, brothers named Josh are the best … EVER! Also, for the record, he’ll always be your baby brother. Even when he’s over thirty … and towers above you … and has a kid of his own … it just can’t be helped! :)

likeitsgolden March 21, 2011 at 7:22 am

Thats really sweet Maddy. Im honestly not as great of a big sister as you are :( but I adore the relationship you have with your siblings
likeitsgolden recently posted..On the issue of names

Keeley March 21, 2011 at 7:52 am

Awww, this is so nice, especially considering your age difference! My brother and I are almost 5 years apart and we love eachother, but we’re completely different, so we won’t have the same interests. Stay close to your family!

And I had homemade salsa this weekend, too! Yum!
Keeley recently posted..Roasted Potato and Leek Soup

Sarah - Dodeline Design March 21, 2011 at 7:54 am

Aw that’s great! My brother and I are closer in age, so we fought most of our younger lives, but now we’re much better friends. It’s such a great feeling! And what cute pictures!
Sarah – Dodeline Design recently posted..Dodeline at the Lowcountry Artist Market this weekend!

Life with Kaishon March 21, 2011 at 7:55 am

I love that you had a great day together. He looks like the sweetest brother ever!
Life with Kaishon recently posted..beauty everywhere! from the city to the country

Connie @ Sogni e Sorrisi March 21, 2011 at 8:14 am

Awww! It’s a totally different relationship between siblings when there is a big age difference. My brother and I are 10 years apart and my sister and I are 13 years apart, and it’s really cool now that they’re getting older. Happy Monday!
Connie @ Sogni e Sorrisi recently posted..Pizza Al Metro

JWS3 March 21, 2011 at 8:38 am

Everyone is too “cool” for you Maddy
JWS3 recently posted..TriJWS3- RT @MartyJames- Born This Way still not the jam

Nora March 21, 2011 at 8:42 am

Awww, this is so sweet! I feel the same way when I get to spend time with my brother. It’s such a fun time, a gift, and definitely to be treasured. Also, kudos to you on the homemade salsa/tortilla chips! That’s impressive :)
Nora recently posted..Friends- Fun- and a Brownie Recipe

Cafe Fashionista March 21, 2011 at 9:44 am

Awww…the two of you are so adorable together, Maddy! I always wanted a brother myself; but now I have two nephews, so I guess that makes up for it! :P
Cafe Fashionista recently posted..Play It Again- Sam

Rachel March 21, 2011 at 10:02 am

Aww!! Too cute! It sounds like you two had so much fun over the weekend! :)
Rachel recently posted..Sunday Surfing

Bonnie March 21, 2011 at 10:10 am

This picture is super duper friggin’ cute. <3

Twitter: @GlamKitten88
Bonnie recently posted..Versatile Blogger Award Second time Ego is growing larger

Haute World March 21, 2011 at 10:29 am

So adorable! Younger siblings will always be younger than you, so I don’t think he’ll ever get too ‘old’. Glad the two of you had such a great time together! As an only child, I always wished I had a brother or sister… sigh.
Haute World recently posted..Surface To Air Paris- France

Couture Carrie March 21, 2011 at 10:57 am

Very sweet post, darling!
Yay for QT with your bro!

The Guilty Hyena March 21, 2011 at 11:48 am

Squish-ably sweet the both of you as brother and sister!! One on one time like this is just precious. :)

Christina Lee March 21, 2011 at 12:21 pm

This warms my heart of hearts!!!
Christina Lee recently posted..Spring Ahead

Kristin March 21, 2011 at 12:37 pm

What a fabulous big sis you are!
Kristin recently posted..Juicy Fruit- Citrus Hues

Charlie March 21, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Oh man you guys had fun! lol I’m sorry i missed out!

Anaiz March 21, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Sounds like you two had a ball! How awesome that you two get along so well, my eldest brother is 11 years older and we’re more alike than the other two. BTW- I am so glad you’re liking the Hunger Games trilogy! Catching Fire was my favorite of the three :):) I hope you like it too!

viv @ the eclectic life March 21, 2011 at 3:22 pm

AHHHH!!! You guys are so adorable I can hardly stand it. It is so awesome seeing how great of a sister you are and I love the relationship y’all have. I’m sure you are so influential in his life in the most positive way and I’m so thankful you shared this part of your life with us! So sweet.

Justine @ Urban Scarlet March 21, 2011 at 3:34 pm

aww, that’s too sweet. glad you enjoyed each other’s company this weekend! i love sibling time and it makes me miss my brothers when we don’t see each other for awhile too.. ;)

Tiera March 21, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Aww, what a sweet sister you are! My little brother and I are 10 years apart (and I thought THAT was a big difference, lol!) and I SO love the time we spend together too <3
Tiera recently posted..Bloggers Day of Silence- For Japan With Love

Sana March 21, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Maddy! This has got to be the cutest thing ever. I’ve always wanted a younger sibling to have these days with. I’m all smiles.

Mindy March 21, 2011 at 9:38 pm

what a great day! I have an older brother, and we dont always get along. but, when we do, and when we see each other (he lives in CA), it’s really nice. Your post is exactly what I hope my girls will say about each other in the future….

Ellie March 21, 2011 at 10:05 pm

That is so great! I’m an only child and I’ll admit I’ve always wished to have a sibling to spend days with!
Have a great day :)
-Ellie
Ellie recently posted..blowing in the wind

Angelia Sims Hardy March 21, 2011 at 11:13 pm

I hope not too! That is such a treasure to have that kind of relationship. I keep waiting for Sydney to find her parents icky, but she hasn’t. Phew! Almost seventeen so I hope we are in the clear. He is adorable! Enjoy the time. :-)
Angelia Sims Hardy recently posted..Super Secret Project Revealed

Amy @ Crooked Stove Top March 22, 2011 at 12:02 am

Thank you so much Maddy for the congrats over at Urban Scarlet. I am definitely one lucky girl. Oh, and I love that you have such a great relationship with your brother. I used to beg my mom for a little brother and I was always sad that I never got one {so I married into a family with four boys to make up for it. LOL}!!

Punctuation Mark March 22, 2011 at 12:03 am

i spent it with my sis and it was fun with a few black clouds over LA… ha!
Punctuation Mark recently posted..Farewell!

Eileen March 22, 2011 at 3:11 am

Oh, this really got me choked me… so sweet! The two of you are so cute! Such a cherished memory of your time together. I’m an only child and I always wanted a younger brother or sister! :)
Eileen recently posted..quilt- star- block- and wip

Dita March 22, 2011 at 8:21 am

The memories that you are making with your “baby” brother will last a lifetime. I know that the feeling is mutual….he adores you. C’mon, who DOESN’T?!

xoxoxoxo
Dita
Dita recently posted..My Sweet Pirate

Nadette March 22, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Awww, too cute! I know personally, that it can be hard to have a connection with a sibling when there’s a big age gap, but I also know that as you both get older, it gets easier to find ways to connect. I think it’s awesome that you’ve always had such a connection with your brother, and I’m sure you will always be his super cool big sister. Cuz you’re awesome like that. Oh and start watching for a special delivery :)
Nadette recently posted..Caramelized Onions

daisymay March 23, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Aww thats so sweet. Your lucky to have such a close relationship with such a big age gap. Its rare!

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home
daisymay recently posted..Westwood Wednesday

Elle Sees March 27, 2011 at 10:13 am

my lil sis is 18 years younger than me and we are total bffs. she’s here this week for her spring break and i’m so excited.
Elle Sees recently posted..Sponsor Elle Sees For April