Friday Faves

by Maddy on April 1, 2011

in Fave Five

April Faves

Even though today’s April Fools Day, there’s nothing foolish about my latest obsessions. These fave five came highly recommended by none other than you – my readers! Everyday I browse through dozens of blogs and I always find many things to add to my “must try” list. So listed are a few of those faves for the month of April. You can click on any item above to find out more information on each!

• Sons of Anarchy (recommended by Nora and Kristin): I started adding this series to my Netflix queue and there so much to love! Bikers, action, steamy male lead..it has something for both the hubby and I to enjoy!
  • Adele “21″ (recommended by Mindy and Haute World): On prior posts, both ladies were eager to share their love for the English singer-songwriter that I had to immediately download her album to see what all the fuss was about. I was not disappointed! Not dance music by any means, but perfect for when you’re in the mood to shed a few tears.
  • Homemade Salsa (recommended by Keeley and Audrey): I’ve always been a big fan of Mexican food, so when I read how simple it was to make my own salsa and put my Magic Bullet to use, I jumped at the opportunity. I will never go store bought again!
  • The Hunger Games Trilogy (recommended by Christina and Anaiz): As soon as I started reading this YA trilogy, I was instantly hooked. I mean up till the wee-hours of the night hooked! I can’t stop telling everyone how much I love this series. If you’re looking for a fast, suspenseful read, this trilogy fits the bill!
  • French Macaroons (recommended by Elle, Katrina and Erika): Before blog world, I never heard of macaroons let alone tasted one.  But I’m so glad that I’ve been introduced to them now. I had some the other day and the best way to descibe them is heavenly!
  • What are some of your current favorite things?

Nubiasnonsense April 1, 2011 at 12:14 am

Yummy Dip!! lol and Macaroons so pretty.

5 pointz is in Long Island City in queens in Davis Street I believe my sweets =)

leia April 1, 2011 at 1:41 am

You had never heard of macarons before? Quelle horreur! Haha. They are just scrumptious, aren’t they? And yum, I love salsa, although I’ve never tried to make my own. Adele is awesome, too!
    leia recently posted..Pink Mermaid

Graziella April 1, 2011 at 2:40 am

macarons! I want some too. And of course Adele…I love her voice….happy Friday!
    Graziella recently posted..A few snaps here and there…

Buckeroomama April 1, 2011 at 5:00 am

I’m suitably intrigued over The Hunger Games Trilogy, although it sounds more like my hubby’s cup of tea.

My current favorite? Listening to my 80′s CDs… St. Elmo’s Fire, anyone?
    Buckeroomama recently posted..Country in the City

Amy April 1, 2011 at 7:23 am

Oh, I do love a book that you can’t put down. And I’ve been meaning to try those French Macaroons since I saw them in Martha Stewart. I don’t like traditional Macaroons, because I don’t like the consistency of coconut. They these–and so festive too! Now I’ll definitely have to give them a try …

Sarah - Dodeline Design April 1, 2011 at 8:37 am

I never really knew about macaroons either lol! How funny, but they’re just so gosh darn pretty!
    Sarah – Dodeline Design recently posted..A Library Wedding

very married April 1, 2011 at 8:59 am

I’m not a huge fan of Macaroons but they are definitely the next big thing. From donuts to cupcakes to macaroons!
    very married recently posted..Watch out

Cafe Fashionista April 1, 2011 at 9:40 am

Ah, thank you, thank you for the shoutout, Maddy! French macaroons and The Hunger Games Trilogy are two of my favorite things, as well. Sadly, I have not yet read Mockingjay – but I already have it, and am hoping to delve in soon! :)

viv @ the eclectic life April 1, 2011 at 9:57 am

Maddy! I was the same way about macaroons until introduced to them by the blog world too. I’ve only had the privilege to try them once but it was a great experience and I can’t wait to get my hands on some on a couple of trips I’ll be taking this summer. My list: ila clutch handbags, a pair of colored skinny jeans (maybe cropped?), and definitely adding that homemade salsa recipe!

dana April 1, 2011 at 11:09 am

current faves…I´d have to keep saying My iphone ( because…sigh…it does alot of good things for me, such as reading to me, singing to me, and providing me fun and tacky games to play at night when I´m too tired for anything, but can´t sleep). My Avatar action figure sittin on my desk is also a fave :) Because my son picked it out for me while going to a gamestore with his papa! :)
    dana recently posted..mr goofy

Stephanie Faris April 1, 2011 at 12:09 pm

I just can’t get into any music these days. Adele’s very talented, though. I can get her entire CD from the library for free (my library uses Freegal, so I get 5 free downloads a week) but I just don’t even listen to my iPod anymore…I’m always reading!
    Stephanie Faris recently posted..We Get ItYoure Self-Published Now Shut Up

The Guilty Hyena April 1, 2011 at 12:09 pm

French Macarons are my fave!! Especially after my trip to France. but I want to be able to bake them. Though I know it’s an experiment waiting to be failed.

chavonne April 1, 2011 at 12:46 pm

I’m loving Adele. I listened to rolling in the deep like a million times. I’ve also been loving chocolate macaroons from this place by O’s job and we have been long time fans of son’s of anarchy (my favorite moment is the first time he tells tara he’s never forgotten about her but he uses other words of course).

Camila F. April 1, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Macaroons are one of my all-time favorites! I tried them for the first time when I was in Paris and loved it. I’m so happy now we can find them everywhere. ♥
    Camila F. recently posted..Paris or Amsterdam

Christina Lee April 1, 2011 at 2:03 pm

SQUEEEEE for Hunger Games–so glad you liked it! Have a great weekend!
    Christina Lee recently posted..Guess What Today Is

Couture Carrie April 1, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Yummy post, darling!
    Happy weekend!

pop champagne April 1, 2011 at 4:08 pm

omg fresh macroons ARE good! I love salsa but never had homemade ones, just restaurant homemade… I really want to try to make that one day!
    pop champagne recently posted..Lookbook- A Tad Of Spring

Sabine April 1, 2011 at 4:44 pm

The Hunger Games – that’s the 2nd time I hear who great these books are. I think I’ve got my next read sorted. (Ideally together with some of these delicious macaroons)
    Sabine recently posted..Scaling

Rachel April 1, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I love Mexican food, so I’ve always wanted to make my own salsa! I’ll have to try it out soon because I’m kind of craving some Tostitos and salsa right now. Thanks, Maddy. :P

And I’m loving Adele, too! So amazing!
    Rachel recently posted..Friday Favorites

Kristin April 1, 2011 at 8:59 pm

No salsa beats homemade salsa IMO! Happy Friday!
    Kristin recently posted..Designer Crush- Ella Moss

Jo April 2, 2011 at 2:58 am

I am very curious about The Hunger Games. My teenage cousins love it. My 40 year old cousins love it. There really must be something to these books!! Reading while eating homemade salsa sounds pretty perfect!! :)
    Happy weekend!
    Jo recently posted..Artsy Craftsy Whirlwind Week

Christine April 2, 2011 at 3:31 am

Monday Favs: chips & homemade salsa; Tuesday Favs: chips & homemade salsa; Wed Favs: chips & homemade salsa; Thursday Favs; chips & homemade salsa; Friday Favs: chips & homemade salsa; Saturday Favs: chips & homemade salsa; Sunday Favs: chips & homemade salsa… Oh, did I mention I love chips and homemade salsa???

Audrey Allure April 2, 2011 at 8:00 am

I LOVE macarons, been having so many this past month haha (although it can get quite expensive!), and of course loving the mexican salsa ;)
    Audrey Allure recently posted..Pure Collection

Camille April 2, 2011 at 2:44 pm

everybody’s been talking about adele and i haven’t heard a song from her yet! and i haven’t seen sons f anarchy either!
    i think i need to follow you ‘must try’ list as well! lol
    Camille recently posted..Passeios no fim de semana Só se for de vestido!

Keeley April 2, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Mmmm! Now I want salsa again!

I am planning to read The Hunger Games trilogy… right after graduation!!!
    Keeley recently posted..White Pizza with Bacon

Gabriella {sensiblyluxe} April 3, 2011 at 2:11 am

(I must say–thank you for stopping by my blog bec it led me to yours which is adorable!)
    I love French macaroons although my plebeian little heart does love cupcakes more…and your post finally pushed me to just purchase Adele’s new album (finally) off of iTunes.
    Hope you’re having a lovely weekend xx

Piper April 3, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Just read The Hunger Games (1st book) this year – I couldn’t believe how good it was! Can’t wait to finish the trilogy. And aren’t macaroons so yummy??

daisymay April 3, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Me and my hubby are both massive fans of Adele and Sons of Anarchy! AWESOMNESS!! I have never eaten a macaroon but would like to lots! And these hunger games books seem popular in the states so I may have to get my hands on a copy

Daisy Dayz Home
    Cross-Jones-Photography Home
    daisymay recently posted..Friend Friday- Networking Know How!

Mindy April 3, 2011 at 8:05 pm

aw, I didnt mean to make you cry! I just looove her bluesy voice. I saw her interviewed about this album and it was written while she and her boyfriend were breaking up, which is why I guess it can feel a little heavy.
    I’m going to look into the Hunger Games. I need a new book to read and it sounds like they may be the written version of the Bourne movies I love so much. thanks for the tip!

savvy gal April 4, 2011 at 12:49 pm

ah…. a good macaron with afternoon tea is just heavenly.
    savvy gal recently posted..Bag Trend- Chain Detail

Anaiz April 4, 2011 at 9:09 pm

I am so glad that you liked The Hunger Games! Are you excited for the movie?! *bounces in chair* Thanks for the shout out doll. I’m totally digging Adele’s CD too, I put it on replay and do homework on a daily basis lol :):)
    Anaiz recently posted..Review- Red Glove by Holly Black

Nadette April 5, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Some of my favorite things right now…hmm. Pole, pole, and did I mention pole? What was a hobby is quickly becoming an obsession, I’m even considering entering a competition next year (ahhh!). And I really do need to get both of Adele’s albums, I’ve been obsessed with her song chasing pavements forEVER, and per your recommendation, I am in love witht he Florence and the Machine album. love it!
    Nadette recently posted..Meatless Monday- Sun Dried Tomato Risotto Cakes