S.U.C.C.E.S.S.

by Maddy on June 2, 2011

in Reflections

I’m still playing catch up with all the things that took place during my blog break a few weeks ago. During that time, three important people in my life graduated.  The first was my sister-in-law Marcela who graduated from nursing school. The second was one of my best friends, Marie, who after years of  summer, evening and weekend classes finally graduated with her MBA. And last but not least, my mother who also completed her master’s degree. I’m so proud of  all three ladies and all the wonderful things they’ve accomplished. All these success stories got me thinking about what success means in my own life.  For me, it is not a prestigious degree, a fancy house, exotic vacations or a large bank account.  It’s doing the thing you love and being surrounded by the people that matter most.  It’s like mama Oprah says “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.”

Life with Kaishon June 2, 2011 at 12:38 am

Your Mom looks like your sister. Your younger sister ; )
She is so beautiful! And so is your Daddy. In a boyish way, of course.
Congratulations to the beautiful girls in your life that are achieving their dreams.
Wishing them lives filled with success of all the right kind!
Love, UNsuccessful Becky! ; (
Life with Kaishon recently posted..Thank you

Maegan June 2, 2011 at 12:52 am

Congrats to your mom, how wonderful! Your parents are adorable!

Eileen June 2, 2011 at 2:27 am

Congratulations to your mom {she’s gorgeous, your parents are a beautiful couple!}, your sister in law, and your bestie! It’s so exciting and inspiring! :)

Amy June 2, 2011 at 7:37 am

Congrats to all the graduates! They’re an inspiration to us all …

chavonne June 2, 2011 at 8:18 am

Oh congrats to all ladies, esp your mom. My idea of sucess is very much like yours. What I value most are the important relationships in my life. I also want to what I love, i just have to figure that part out
chavonne recently posted..BAM African Bazaar street festival

chavonne June 2, 2011 at 8:19 am

success*
and i also want to do what I love

I hate finding mistakes after you press publish
chavonne recently posted..BAM African Bazaar street festival

DITA June 2, 2011 at 8:22 am

Congratulations to all 3 powerful, wonderful women. Knowledge IS power and their accomplishment is proof positive that if you put your mind to it there is nothing you can’t achieve!

Great shot of your parents!

xoxoxo
Dita
DITA recently posted..Black &amp White Wednesday- Intersection of Long Road to China &amp Darling Street

Piper June 2, 2011 at 8:34 am

Wow, I thought your mom was your sister – she’s beautiful!! And how lucky are they to have such a talented photographer taking photos of these moment?? :)

very married June 2, 2011 at 8:56 am

i totally agree. i’d say that success is setting a goal and attaining it. the goal itself doesn’t REALLY matter – just that you have one and are taking steps to get there.
very married recently posted..Long Island- New York

Cafe Fashionista June 2, 2011 at 9:11 am

Awww…your parents are adorable, Maddy! And I so love that Oprah quote – too true! Hearing success stories is always so inspiring! :)
Cafe Fashionista recently posted..Charge It- Please!

Anika June 2, 2011 at 9:29 am

Many congrats!! This photo is so sweet. Love the post!
Anika recently posted..Phonography 41 – Spaced Out

The Guilty Hyena June 2, 2011 at 9:58 am

Very true how essential it is to doing the thing you love and being surrounded by the people that matter most! Congrats to all the graduates! The tassel’s worth the hassle!

Lee Oliveira June 2, 2011 at 10:05 am

Your mum and dad is soooo cute.. But big congrats to mum..
Sending lots of kisses to her from down under
Lee x
Lee Oliveira recently posted..Rihanna inspiration…Sydney

Sarah - Dodeline Design June 2, 2011 at 10:33 am

that is wonderful Maddy! You have some amazing people in your life it sounds like :-)
Sarah – Dodeline Design recently posted..Latest Loves

Couture Carrie June 2, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Congrats to all!
Lovely post!

lindsey June 2, 2011 at 1:18 pm

your mom is gorgeous! many congrats to all these ladies. this gives me hope. love love love the oprah quote. happy happy thursday!

xo

Maxie June 2, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Thanks Maddy!! Ophra’s quote is a remarkable truth!!

Gloria June 2, 2011 at 2:25 pm

hooray! what fabulously smart ladies you have in your life :-) they’re a triple threat!
Gloria recently posted..dressed to impress

Camila F. June 2, 2011 at 4:09 pm

OMG Maddy, is that your mom??? She’s so gorgeous and so young! Congratulations to all the amazing ladies in your life!
Camila F. recently posted..Vodka Matrioshka

Kristin June 2, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Congrats to all the amazing ladies in your life! I can’t wait to see the hubs walk across the stage to collect his MBA diploma in December!
Kristin recently posted..Finding Your Own Paradise

Nadette June 2, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Well a round of congratulations are due for all three of these ladies, what a fantastic accomplishment! Your parents are adorable, and your mom is gorgeous! She looks so young, you’re going to age fabulously :)
Nadette recently posted..España- We Meet Again

dana June 3, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Your mom is so pretty!!
My dream…oh, my dream has alot to do with photography! :)
dana recently posted..play

Donna June 3, 2011 at 5:33 pm

congrats to everyone! what fun times. your mama looks like she could be your sister! :)
Donna recently posted..hello summer

Anaiz June 4, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Congrats to all three! I share your vision of success too Maddy, happiness for me is true success. :)
Anaiz recently posted..I heart YA Giveaway Hop Announcement

Sana, So Does Estella June 6, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Cheers to that, Maddy! And Congratulations! Your parents are adorable.